Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thursday - Township Road b/t Milepost 6 and 7

Hi All - I finally took a day off and went birding with Charlotte Kisling.  WOW!!!!  We had a great morning on Tule Lake NWR, and then had lunch in Merrill at Pappy Ganders.  We met two folks from Stockton, CA who wanted to see the Bald Eagles.  Susan and Tracy decided to follow Charlotte and I to see if she could steer us on to the abundant Bald Eagles known in the Klamath Basin for this time of year. 

She did! We were watching three Golden Eagles fight and play in the air and then I looked across the road and noticed that there were several birds on a big pivot.  The binoculars confirmed the entire pivot all the way across had Bald Eagles on it. Then I looked in the field and there eagles everywhere. I mean everywhere. There was some water there and it looked like the eagles were sunning themselves and spreading out their wings and just have a lazy afternoon.  There was over 100 eagles along with a few ravens.  I was floored - I did not have the Nikon and only had the little Cannon and my photos do not do it justice. I hope you get a chance to see this sight. 

i
Also, I learned to digi-scope see the Great Horned Owl - this was cool. Just put the camera on the scope.

See you in the Klamath Basin!
Cindy

No comments: